Brand marketing over the years has seen a tremendous change and growth. In the initial years, you had a local shop that you were loyal to. You knew the shopkeeper who knew you and there was a relationship based on knowledge and trust. After this period, came a time where money was an important factor in decision making and cheaper the goods were, better was the brand loyalty. However, today with the advent of social media marketing, people have once again turned towards personalized marketing of brands.
Web 2.0 marketing experts claim that web 2.0 tools help small and big businesses in a large way to create presence on the Internet. These tools help the companies communicate with their customer base and pursue a mutually trusting relationship with their customers. Small businesses can position themselves in the market by making social media submissions and influencing customer decision by positively engaging with the latter.
There are many ways in which social media can be used to successfully promote your business. The five easiest ways are discussed in this article:
1. Creating a dominant profile: The first way is to create a dominant profile on any one of the various social media tools that are available on the Internet. This will help create a commanding presence and increase brand awareness amongst the customer base, which in turn will help people follow your brand. While creating your company profile on these social media tools, it is important to put forth your key characteristics that will help increase your follower base.
2. Participation: Participating in the various events and conversations taking place in such sites is the best way to ensure brand loyalty. According to experts, engaging in positive conversation with your customers or fan-base by listening and talking to them, is the best way to ensure brand loyalty.
3. Be honest: While engaging in a conversation with your customer base, it is important to be genuine and honest about yourself and your company. “Honesty is the best policy” is an adage that is totally applicable in today’s competitive world. This will help in the long run in building faith, knowledge and standing in society about the company and its products as well as services.
4. Blogging: Web 2.0 marketing experts swear by the blog as one of the easiest way to start using social media tools. Blogging is considered the best way to distribute information about you and invite comments from the readers. Engaging with your readers by writing attractive blogs that create interest will definitely help increase your fan following. Social media experts claim that the quality of your blog in terms of content will ultimately help enhance your brand popularity in the market.
5. Be human while promoting your brand: Finally, you have to attribute some human characteristics to your brand that your customers can relate to and understand. This can be done by identifying specific keywords that describe your brand and personalize it to your customers.
In conclusion, it can be said that the use of social media tools will definitely help in the growth of your business in the long run. However, it is important to identify the best social media tool that you can exploit to your advantage.